Wednesday 14 May 2014

A looking back, an early start up(16)

An old artwork

Digitally processed pastel work

This old pastel work on paper was drawn in 1991 that I have processed this year (2013) in digital method, truly which is a single click operation. I exhibited that old version in one of my solo show at Academy of fine arts, Kolkata, in 1991.

At that time an artist cum tourist from UK was visiting Kolkata and by chance he was in AFA to view the running shows in different galleries. He visited my gallery remaining long time to discuss on the current topics of art. He questioned me more but I could give answers little. When he was ready for getting out of my show he told me that he liked this form of artwork and he already started oil painting following a long trend and treatment of traditional cartooning to meet a goal in art language practice. Naturally I was become surprised very much and I got an encouragement for future practice.

Nilotpal Sinha  Peoples in the park  Dry pastel  30" x 20" (app.)  1991
Nilotpal Sinha     Peoples in the park     Dry pastel     30″ x 20″ (app.)     1991


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment