Tuesday 24 September 2013

A looking back, an early start up(6)

An old artwork
 

This is one of my lost paintings..

I painted this acrylic on canvas in the year 1991 that took part in a solo exhibition in the same year. Later this painting with many more canvases were sent to a gallery owner for sale on consignment basis and two years later when I wanted to get it back with other paintings it was found that particularly this artwork had been lost and not found. This is the real story of two faces too that was entitled as "The man and woman" in the show.

They said "..Uhh!", "..Ahh!", "..Wow!!" etc.

Near about eighteen years later when I showed its photo to few art lovers they liked it very much and said "..Uhh!", "..Ahh!", "..Wow!!" etc. and I could feel at once that they liked it because of its relevancy to the local art market's demand and the choice of the art buyers that was the conventional habit for judgement by those persons who focused themselves always as art gurus of the art world.

If not true

If not true, I think today why this had lost while this had a major differences to the style of my other paintings that related to the contemporary style in art practice of that time? Indeed, the material value of the canvas was not so high that could be sold as matter or things normally! So it proved something that I said here.
The man and woman
The man and woman     Acrylic on canvas     24" x 18" (app.)     1991


No comments:

Post a Comment